This episode is an interview with Cody Anderson, a professional Crossfit athlete. We are also joined on this episode by a co-host and long-time friend of Cody, Sergio Perdomo. We discuss his career, daily routine, family, and faith.
Who Is Cody Anderson?
Cody Anderson is a professional Crossfit Athlete. He is born and raised in Redmond, OR and has recently grown in popularity in the fitness world because of his success in Crossfit. This past year in the Crossfit Games (an international competition) Cody finished 10th place out of the 40 athletes from around the world that qualified. Cody also recently opened a gym in his hometown, Redmond, OR called Crossfit Magnify.
What is The Crossfit Games?
The Crossfit Games is 4 days long and puts these elite athletes through some of the most diverse and strenuous workouts in the world.
Listener Submitted Questions:
- Why are you known as the king of ring muscle ups and how did you become so good? Other CrossFitters used to do gymnastics like you, but why are you so much better? – @jwpkiefer
- Cody, A day may come when cleans, squats and handstand pushups are no longer possible. World class competition will no longer be an option. How do you prepare for this reality so your purpose exists outside of all you’ve been able to accomplish thus far? – @ben.mci
- “I’d like to know is thoughts on how Rich Froning has said that Crossfit as a professional sport is not healthy in the long run but that normal Crossfit is. Does he think that putting his body through the amount of strain and stress is worth it the damage?” – @aaron_helmly
Other Questions Ask On This Episode:
- Who is Cody Anderson?
- Do you remember any key inflection points in your career?
- What drives you? How do you do this day in and day out? It is grueling work.
- Tell me about your parents. How did they help shape who you are.
- You have two brothers. What is the dynamic like? Is it helpful that they are also great athletes?
- Tell me about instagram. What do you love about it? anything you hate about it?
- Without getting into actual numbers. Can you give percentages of where is your income coming from? (i.e. side hustles, sponsorships, classes, etc.)
- Do you have a daily routine that you try to maintain?
- What’s something that no one knows about you?
- Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
- If you could go back and give yourself advice to you ten years ago what would you say?
Arm Wrestling Video:
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning
- Keep Your Love On: Connection Communication And Boundaries by Danny Silk
Get In Touch with Cody Anderson